The mission of The Office of Scholarly Publishing Services (OSPS) is to serve the University of North Carolina System by providing access to a range of sustainable, mission-driven publishing models and solutions. Leveraging the expertise of UNC Press and its nonprofit subsidiary, Longleaf Services, we collaborate with libraries, research centers and institutes, departments, and individual faculty and staff to lower the cost of producing and disseminating quality educational and scholarly publications. We also work with other public institutions seeking to publish scholarly material or general-interest works that will benefit the people of North Carolina.
Examples of Projects
- Open access digital works
- Print and digital journals
- Print and digital books and textbooks
- Print and digital coursepacks and supplemental materials
- Open educational resources (OERs)
- Audio books and educational materials
- Conference and symposia proceedings
- Transforming rare manuscripts and out-of-print / out-of-copyright works into accessible books and eBooks
If you would like to discuss a book or journal proposal please complete an evaluation form and submit it to John McLeod, Director of the Office of Scholarly Publishing Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have other questions feel free to contact John directly by email or by phone at 919-962-8419. Stay connected by following @UNCPressOSPS on Twitter.
Limited grant funding is available. Learn more about the Thomas W. Ross Fund Publishing Grant.
OSPS Book Evaluation Form (docx)
OSPS Journal Evaluation Form (docx)