Approx. 480 pp., 6 x 9, 100 halftones, 20 maps, index
Paperback ISBN: 978-1-4696-5420-1
Published: December 2019
Paperback Available December 2019, but pre-order your copy today!
Buy this Book
- All-in-one guide to the ski areas, winter trails, and mountaineering opportunities in the six-state southern snowbelt
- Tips on lodging, dining, nightlife, outfitters, lessons, childcare, activities for the nonskier, and more
- Well-illustrated with photos and user-friendly maps for hikes and backcountry ski areas
- Entertaining and informative background on the surprising history of the southern ski industry
- Practical advice for finding up-to-the-minute information on weather and resort conditions
Whether you’re just visiting, new to the region, or a lifelong resident, this is the only book you need to make the most of southern snow.
About the Author
Randy Johnson is an accomplished travel writer, editor, and author of numerous books, including Grandfather Mountain: The History and Guide to an Appalachian Icon.
For more information about Randy Johnson, visit the Author Page.
"Southern Snow is a comprehensive overview of a lifestyle that shouldn't seem to exist in the South: A southern ski industry? Really? For curious readers, Randy Johnson is only too happy to fill them in. Though it is first and foremost about where to play in the snow, it is also a wonderful history of the birth and growth of an industry."--Joe Miller, author of Adventure Carolinas: Your Go-To Guide for Multi-Sport Outdoor Recreation
"This guide is for anyone interested in winter sports in the South; even practiced skiers will find new information here to enhance their experience."--Carolyn Sakowski, author of Touring the Western North Carolina Backroads